Noise is a nuisance to many people. It is a tort to unnecessarily create disturbances by making noises. Most of the gym equipment is heavy. So proper attention is required while practicing in a gym with heavy tools. Maybe that’s why the question has arisen why more gyms do not provide boxers with punching bags. Today’s topic will try to deal with the reasons for the absence of punching bags in gyms.
The reason behind not having more regular gyms have punching bags:
The main purpose of becoming a member of a gym is to make a healthy and conspicuous body. And also Gym management assesses every needful thing for its members. The members of the gym follow their advice on how to use gym apparatus safely to gain the desired results. They also follow a diet chart to reduce or increase weight.
Undoubtedly the ultimate goal of a gym is to help its paying members what they want to get. Losing weight, making muscles, especially having more masculinity than others, sometimes display machismo.
Surprisingly enough, there are at least twenty-three gym equipment or apparatus excluding a punching bag. A punching bag is made for boxing purposes. A bunch of boxers would come to the gym and start punching aggressively if there was a punching bag. Making noise of any kind is strictly prohibited in a gym. On the other hand, regular gym-goers who pay a good amount of money per month would not like the grunting or the sudden thud created by a boxing practitioner.
Other reason for not having punching bags in most of the regular gyms:
We are talking about a regular gym. Not a boxing gym. Well, there could be a combined gym merging a boxing and a regular gym. There are more clear reasons for not having punching bags in most of the lar gyms:
- Punching a bag practice needs extra care a gym authority must provide. This practice belongs to a serious kind of sport, namely boxing. Most people, especially beginners, do not know how to punch properly. Throwing a punch at the bag without prior knowledge given by the trainer might result in dislocating the fingers, and and and wrist injuries. That’s why a constant trainer is required to oversee the boxing practitioners using ng bags. To serve them, a gym has to employ more people and spend more money which is, from a business perspective, the gym loses profit.
- Fear of Losing regular gym practitioners who are the majority people and who pay regularly. They might stop going to the gym because an irregular and a small number of boxers create noise by throwing punches at the punching bags. The gym owners need rich clients and rich clients are very choosy. If a boxer constantly grunts by throwing punches at a bag they usually feel disturbed. Accidents might occur in a situation when a gym practitioner upholds a heavy barbell and the boxer makes a sudden noise the barbell might fall off his hands. The barbell will certainly land on the chest of the gym guy, injuring beyond prediction we fear. Most of the gym goers are members of a privileged society. They always like to maintain a social circle. Exercising and having intimacy ultimately make them friends. So a good gym also could work as an elite club as well.
- There are other good reasons for not keeping a punching bag in a gym that hardly any boxer wants. Unlike other gym equipment, a punching bag does not last long. So it hardly pays off. Trainee boxers prefer going to boxing gyms. There they find all available boxing equipment with almost all kinds of punching bags they look for. Some stray boxers go to a regular gym to practice boxing.
- Use a lunk alarm in a regular gym to maintain a peaceful atmosphere. Dropping weights equipment is something that sets off the alarm. Other heavy equipment if dropped the alarm would set off. If any gymnast accidentally and first time drops a weight that sets off the alarm he will be forgiven. But if he does it again accidentally or intentionally his membership will be revoked. This is the scenario of a regular gym where a punching bag is a constant nuisance to general gym-goers.
- Intimidation is quite a reason for not providing a punching bag. The regular gym users for body fitness and boxers are two different people. A boxer’s temperament often leads him to brawl and street fights. Under the same roof, people cannot hold different strong opinions and attitudes. Usually, they create uneasiness and tense situations especially when they do not have friendly talking. Such an atmosphere is not good for business. An inward disrespect goes through their minds.
As we said, a gym is born for physical fitness. It also helps relieve mental boredom and everyday chores. Boxers need separate exclusive gyms where they can grunt, and groan where they have the freedom to express themselves as they are hard hitters. It does not mean that they are forbidden to use a regular gym. Of course, they can use a gym like a regular gym practitioner. Also, we must keep in mind that a professional boxer is a public figure because he entertains people.